Our Gynecologist & Obstetrician department provides a complete clinical follow-up for women throughout different stages of their lives: Adolescence, Motherhood, Family Planning, menopause, Assessment & Screening with early diagnosis.Pregnancy is a natural physiological process in a female body. It influences as well as is being influenced by other systems of the female body. As such, if the pregnancy becomes an over burden, the outcome may not be healthy.
Our aim is to provide high standards of care for mother, fetus and the new born. So that every couple is able to fulfill their dream of giving birth to a healthy baby. To fulfill this dream, we have our well-structured ANC programmes. Apart from evidence based workup during pregnancy we conduct counseling sessions on diet, exercise, yoga and lactational for expecting mothers to prepare them to carry her pregnancy happily. Reassurance is given for ailments which need no treatment. Happiness is one such emotion which not only reflects on the patients face, but fetus also responds it ultimately leading in healthy mother and healthy baby.
Sometimes there are situations when pregnancy is categorized as high risk when either mother or baby is at risk for developing complications. For such pregnancies we have a multidisciplinary approach under one roof comprising of Multiladen Obstetricians, Surgeon, Physician, Diabetician, Anesthetist, Dentist, Fetal Medicine Specialist, Sonologist, Dietician and Neonatologists.
Our specialists take care of pregnant women who have special medical problems Like:-
- Heart, Kidney Disease, Hypertension& Diabetes, Autoimmune Disorders, Hematological Disorders
- Rh Immumo Sensitized Pregnancy
- Pregnant women who are at risk for pregnancy-related complications (e.g. preterm labor, pre-eclampsia, and twin or triplet pregnancies) are given due attention. Fetal reduction-In high order Multiple Pregnancy is offered.
- Pregnant women with fetuses at risk from chromosomal or congenital abnormalities are diagnosed by prenatal noninvasive/invasive test so that timely decision can be taken.
- Women with past history of intra uterine death, recurrent pregnancy loss, preterm birth and difficult delivery are given special attention.
One of the simplest and easiest screening tests. Ultrasound can be used to evaluate the physical characteristics of the fetus which may help predict certain abnormalities so that timely intervention can be done.
I. Nuchal Translucency + Double Marker Test (11 to 13 weeks)
The nuchal translucency scan measures the thickness of fluid under the skin of back of baby’s neck to assess the risk of Down’s syndrome. Along with this Double Marker Test i.e. a blood test is done to check the chromosomal abnormality. It is mostly advised in first time pregnancy, high risk pregnancy and in pregnant women who are over 35yrs of age.
II. Anomaly Scan (18 to 20 weeks)
This scanning shows how your baby is growing &also predicts risk of preterm labour. Quadruple marker test is done at 18 weeks to increase the sensitivity for genetic screening.
III. USG for Growth Scan (28 to 32 weeks)
This is mainly done to ensure the baby movement, position and amount of liquor.
IV. NST + Obs. Color Doppler (32 to 34 weeks)
Doppler Ultrasound gives an audiovisual representation of blood movement through blood vessels to ensure fetal oxygenation, helpful in high risk pregnancy management. Non stress test is performed to measure the fetal heart rate & movements.
For those patients who are at risk of carrying and passing genetic abnormalities, we possess specialized service for Genetic testing. VHFRC is one of the few Centres in Western Rajasthan Registered for Genetic testing.
- Prenatal diagnosis: Used to detect changes in a fetal genes or chromosomes before birth. This type of testing is offered to couples with an increased risk of having a baby with a genetic disorders viz Down’s syndrome, Thalassemia, Duchene muscular dystrophy, Spinomuscular Atrophy, Hemophilia.
- Amniocentesis: done in 16-18 weeks to rule out fetal infections & fetal genetic disorder.
- Chronic Villous Sampling: done in 12-14 weeks. In this placental tissue is sampled to rule out Down syndrome, Thalassemia, DMD, SMA.
- Percutaneous Umbilical blood Testing: A diagnostic test done to examine umbilical cord blood to detect fetal ABO Rh, hemoglobin in cases of fetal anemia.
- Newborn Screening: Newborn screening is used just after birth to identify genetic disorders that can be treated early in life.
- Carrier Testing: Carrier testing is used to identify people who carry one copy of mutated gene, that, when present in two copies; causes a genetic disorder.
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis: Genetic testing procedures that are performed on human embryos prior to implantation as part of an In-Vitro Fertilization.
- Our well-equipped NICU and NICU team is a great asset to our institution where preterm, low birth weight , sick babies are taken care of. For this we have in-utero transfers from other institutions also.
- We conduct regular awareness programmes for health of menopausal group where stress is on preventive aspects. We do colposcopy, Pap Smear & Breast Sonography for early diagnosis and intervention.
- For adolescent group we have different OPD hours and counseling sessions so that we can help them the most. We create awareness for any menstrual irregularity and PCOD in this innocent group.
Gynecologist & Obstetrician Team
Dr. Renu Makwana
Chief Medical Director | Obstetrics & Gynecology - Head | Gynecologist & Obstetrician| Feto-Maternal Specialist
Dr. Shashi Vyas
Gynaecologist and Obstetrician
Dr. Shellu Karnawat
Gynaecologist and Obstetrician
Ms. Pallavi Vyas