Awareness on Healthy Lifestyle is a reminder for everyone to live healthier lives. It is not just about eating enough fruits and vegetables but also considering the fact that everything that goes into the body should provide some benefit. It is also the time for spending quality moments with loved ones and friends which is important as well for an overall healthy lifestyle and well-being. The problem is that most people start the year with a long list of resolutions which usually includes eating healthier and exercising more. Then after a week or two they go back to their old unhealthy ways.
VHFRC focuses on informing the people on the following health tips:
- Lower Salt Intake: Too much salt intake increases blood pressure in the long run which also increases risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Get Your Daily Dose of Vitamin D: Vitamin Dis known as the sunshine vitamin since it is created by the body after sun exposure.
- Increase Calcium Intake: Calcium is a very important mineral not just for healthy bones and teeth. It is also vital for other bodily functions like the contraction of muscles.
- Eat a Balanced Diet: Balance is the key to having a healthy diet. You need to eat a wide variety of unprocessed foods like fruits, vegetables, starchy food and lean protein sources. You need the right ratio of fat, carbohydrates and protein.
- Limit Alcohol Intake: Too much alcohol is bad for your health because of many reasons. It can even lead to damage of your internal organs specifically the liver with long-term alcohol abuse.
- Exercise Regularly: Being active physically is an important part of good overall health. There are many forms of exercise and you just need to find one that suits your preferences.
- Stop Smoking: Aside fromcancer, there are many other negative health effects from smoking.
- Stay Hydrated: This is very important especially when you live in a hot place. You need at least 8 glasses of water a day but this number increases when you sweat a lot due to physical activity or the climate. Limit intake of beverages that can cause dehydration like alcoholic drinks and those that contain caffeine.
VHFRC motive for Awareness on Healthy Lifestyle is to increase awareness of how to live a healthier life. It includes eating healthier, avoiding harmful vices and increasing level of physical activity.
Living healthier is not really as hard as you think. Just like with everything else, it starts with a single step. Whether it is getting rid of junk food from your diet or walking during your lunch breaks, that first step is the most important part. Then, things will become easier and before you even realize it you will be living a healthy lifestyle.
A healthy lifestyle brings changes in your Body, Mind, Mood & Attitude.